Success and results
- With continuous investments in the amount of over EUR 236 million, in the period from 2008 to 2014, the members of the Association not only managed to break the negative trend in the Serbian beer market, but also from 2015-2016. years stabilize and raise the brewing industry to its feet.
- During 2019, the state collected over EUR 287.6 million in revenues from the brewing industry into the state budget, while due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the state revenue in 2020 amounted to EUR 269.6 million. These revenues are primarily from VAT, taxes and social security contributions, excise duties and corporate taxes.
- Until the COVID-19 pandemic, the total employment in the brewing industry was over 15 thousand people.
- Raw materials are mostly procured locally, and domestic malt makes up 97% of the brewing market.
- We are proud that our members respect strict regulations and rules, use the highest standards in the production and marketing of beer, but also that they have an obligation not to use genetically modified ingredients.
- The responsible business of our members and the Association itself is reflected in a wide network of initiatives and socially responsible campaigns related to responsible beer consumption and driving, culture and educational activities.
Contribution during the COVID-19 pandemic
During 2020 and the global pandemic that significantly changed the way the breweries operate, but also the actions and behavior of the entire society, the breweries gathered in the Association showed a high level of awareness of the circumstances in which they operate. Through their activities as well as through their programs of support to the local and wider community, the breweries have made significant donations both in money and in material resources. During 2020 alone, the breweries allocated over EUR 500,000 to:
- Donations to the Ministry of Health of Serbia.
- Donations to the Republic Health Insurance Fund.
- Donations to the Clinical Hospital Center Zemun and the Clinical Hospital Center Zvezdara.
- Donations in protective equipment to local communities and health care institutions.
- Donations in protective equipment for partners in the HoReCa sector.
During 2020, the breweries also supported infrastructure projects in local communities as well as the work of cultural and sports organizations.